The Links is a National Organization of Black women with 219 chapters located in 40 states and the District of Columbia. The Links was founded by Mrs. Sarah S. Scott and Mrs. Margaret Hawkins in 1946 in Philadelphia, PA. The name Links means that we are each a link in friendship’s chain. The Links promote and participate in civic, cultural, educational, and social activities intended to enrich the lives of its membership and the community at large.
The Atlantic City Chapter is honored to be the first Link chapter established in the chain. 75 years ago, Myrtle Manigauk Stratton, a charter member of the Philadelphia Chapter, performed the installation ceremony at the home of Carrie Esters, which gave birth to the local chapter.